DOT Lauds LGUs and Leaders in the 2nd Tourism Awards and Appreciation Night
The Department of Tourism recognized partner LGUs who made tourism as one of their priorities by monitoring the influx of tourists, timely and consistent submission of tourist arrivals made it to the 2nd Tourism Awards and Appreciation Night by the DOT Region 2.
Further to their efforts of advancing and strengthening the tourism industry, these partner LGUs also made noteworthy projects in line with tourism thus making them the most visited and top destinations in the entire region.
The DOT also gave honor to the outstanding contributions of tourism leaders, associations and festivals that bring remarkable impact, thus bringing the tourism industry of the region to the helm of success.
More than 70 Local Government Units, public partners, and stakeholders have been identified as awardees in the said awarding ceremony.
The following are the awardees under the planning section:
- LGU AWARDEES FOR STATISTICS]
- Province of Quirino -Statistics Reporting Compliant (Province category)
- Callao Caves Tourism Zone -Statistics Reporting Compliant (Attraction category)
- Jotay Resort -Statistics Reporting Compliant (Accommodations sector)
- Province of Batanes -Premium Destination
- Province of Cagayan -Top Provincial Destination (568,802 2017 tourism arrivals)
- Municipality of Santa Ana -Top Municipal Tourist Destination in Region 2 (306,205 2017 arrivals)
- City of Santiago -Top City Tourist Destination in Region 2 (167,353 2017 arrivals)
- Municipality of Solano -Top Tourist Destination in Nueva Vizcaya (56,365 2017 arrivals)
- Basilica Minore of Our Lady of Piat -Municipality of Piat, Top Same day in Cagayan (546,416 2017 same day)
- Camp Vizcarra -Municipality of Ramon, Top Provincial Attraction in Isabela (31,159 2017 arrivals)
- Tam-an BMPC Mountain Resort -Municipality of Bayombong, Top Provincial Attraction in Nueva Vizcaya (83,630 2017 arrivals)
- Siitan River Cruising -Municipality of Nagtipunan, Top Provincial Attraction in Quirino (22,659 2017 arrivals)
- ILAGAN Sanctuary -Ilagan City, Top Regional City Attraction in Isabel (113,009 2017 arrivals)
- Tuguegarao City -Top City Tourist Destination in Cagayan (134,388 2017 arrivals)
- Cauayan City -Top City Tourist Destination in Isabela (98,374 2017 arrivals)
Former CVRTC Chairperson
Purita S. Licas
Mary Ann Cua
Dr. Cecil La Madrid Dy
Grand Ammungan Festival
Association Awardees: Significant contribution in the Field of Tourism Organizations
Sierra Madre Outdoor Club
Sang-at Salug Outdoor Club
Region 2 Travel Agency and Tour Operators Association
Cagayan North Convention and Visitor’s Bureauhttp://www.region2fun.ph/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/48.jpg