DOT – Region 2 Bags Covid -19 Pandemic Training Champion of the Year
The Department of Tourism, Cagayan Valley Region bagged four major awards and two major nominations in the recently concluded Annual Gawad Tagapagsanay Awarding Ceremony including Covid -19 Pandemic Training Champion of the Year.
The awarding ceremony was conducted via the Zoom application by the Department of Tourism (DOT), through the Office of the Industry Manpower and Development (0IMD) yesterday, December 22, 2020.
The four major awards for DOT Region 2 are:
1. Covid -19 Pandemic Training Champion – for regional offices who were able to execute all their training plans and programs during the pandemic.
2. Gregorian Award – given to regional office who was able to meet their timeline as indicated in their training calendar
3. Most Number of Trainings Conducted for Tourism Industry Skills Program (TISPJ – the regional office accomplished 44 trainings for 2020 despite the challenges posed by Covid-19, typhoons and flooding
4. Over-all Most Number of Trainings for Regular and TISP-the regional office who conducted t
he most number of trainings
The purpose of this annual Gawad Tagapagsanay Awarding Ceremony is to recognize the exemplary support, dedication and accomplishments of the trainers and training teams of the 16 regional offices of the Department of Tourism.
DOT Region 2 training team also got nominations for:
1. Best Regional Branding – given to regional office for their innovative use of its regional brand
2. Trainor of the Year – given to the regional office with exemplary overall implementation of training programs including timely execution, reporting, disbursement as well as most improved program implementor.
The Trainor of the Year is the most coveted award and was awarded to Region 8 – Eastern Visayas.
DOT Region 2 would like to thank its tourism industry stakeholders in the public and private sector, the tourism officers all over the region the academe and government offices, who supported and continue to support the programs of the Department of Tourism Cagayan Valley Region and Northern Philippine Islands.
The DOT Region 2 training team is composed of Lelia Blancaflor, Joylyn Cauilan, Sheryl Bumatay and Edward Michael Cruz.